RISI Course Outline
Rail Industry Safety Induction (RISI) Certificate (previously known as Track Safety Awareness)
This course is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and understanding of basic safety principles and basic track terminology.
- Comply with Occupational Health and Safety
- Describe basic Track Terminology
- Be responsible for own safety when working on or about the line
- Move to a safe place in sufficient time on approach of a train
Who Should Attend
- All new employees and contractors who work on or about the track
- Any person who will work on or about the track
- All those who have previously held a Track Safety Awareness Certificate that has now expired
Satisfies RailCorp’s Medical Requirements and has provided 100 points of identification.
Card Validity Period
RISI cards are issued for a period of 5 years or expiry of medical. Renewals must be applied for prior to expiry and are contingent on meeting the same medical requirements as for a new card application.